Lean CSI Training
Learn how to deliver more value with limited resources.
Learn Continual Service Improvement (CSI) methods, tools and techniques that drive high customer value more quickly and with less effort by minimizing waste and maximizing value.
Use Lean CSI to delight your customers by increasing your capacity to work more strategic and reduce time-to-value by minimizing non-value activities that consume your time and resources.
An effective CSI process should be the first process to implement when considering where your IT Service Management journey should begin.
This course teaches students how to apply the principles of Lean IT to the CSI process to create a light-weight, highly customer centric, value and outcome focused, responsive and effective CSI capability.
The primary purpose of the course it to give students hands-on experience with practical examples on how to apply some of the methods, tools and technique from Lean IT to the CSI process.
This course is offered in three (3) consecutive modules called streams: Customer Value, Analytics and Measurements Stream.
Great for CSI Managers or any individuals responsible for improving processes or services.
Any manager or specialist working in an IT organization can benefit from the insights provided by this course e.g. service desk analysts through to process owners, team leads and supervisors, department managers and also including CIOs.
IT professionals who are participating in or involved with improvement projects e.g. consultants, practice leaders, Six Sigma practice leaders including all belts
Upon completion of the training , a student will be familiar with the principles of the Lean philosophy and in particular with the application of this philosophy to the CSI process.
|1. Lean Thinking||1. Measurement Lifecycle||1. Metrics Tree Design|
|2. Value Propositions||2. What to Measure||2. Base Metric Definition|
|3. CSI Domino Effect||3. How to Measure, Visualize||3. Target Setting|
|4. CSI Value Canvas||4. How to Analyze||4. Data Connectors|
|5. CSI Register||5. Six Sigma Analytic Tools, Methods||5. ETL Processing|
6. Value Stream Mapping
|6. Taking Action|
6. Validation & Reporting
Customer Value Stream
In the Customer Value Stream, Students will learn how to free up capacity to work on higher value activities. Students will learn methods, techniques and tools to:
- Use lean thinking to optimize processes and remove the waste within them;
- Understand customer value by listening to voice of customer;
- Create value faster with less effort & more focus using a method called the CSI Domino Effect;
- Create better improvement plans with value propositions that people embrace using techniques like the CSI Value Canvas;
- Increase success with better change controls using tools like the CSI Register;
- Find and eliminate waste in order to maximize value using better practices like value stream mapping, analytical tools and measurement techniques.
In the Analytics Stream, Students will learn how to quickly instrument, measure, learn, improve and create real value. Further to the concepts covered in value stream, students will learn about measurement and analytical methods, tools and techniques used to:
- Control the measurement Lifecycle;
- Determine what to measure;
- Understand how to measure and techniques to visualize data;
- Analyze and learn from the data using Six Sigma analytical tools and methods;
- Make decisions to improve and take action to deliver more value.
In the Measurements Stream, Students will learn how to configure a measurement system to gather, process and report trustworthy and meaningful metrics data. Further to the concepts covered in the analytics stream, students will learn the basic technical and procedural skills required to:
- Create a metrics-tree based on management goals and objectives;
- Define/create the base metric definitions;
- Configure the metric attributes and set the performance targets;
- Configure data collection models to extract, transform and load the metrics data;
- Process the data and provide validation;
- Configure scorecards/dashboards, analyze the data;
- Provide reporting to assist in presenting corrective actions.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There is no exam for this course
There are no follow-ons for this course.