Bring ideas to life using the Value Canvas, a simple one-page planning tool that's used to visualize and create compelling improvement plans that people embrace.
Use the single page Canvas planning tool to capture short/concise post-it-note level details and refine your improvement value proposition. For example:
- Capture your great idea by defining the purpose, timeframe, outcomes and benefits that are important, this helps ensures you get buy-in, support and cooperation in obtaining your wildly important goals.
- List some controls that will guarantee your success by tracking your progress using metrics, artifacts and/or evidence.
- Determine what directly enables the outcomes and benefits, these managed elements are typically categorized as people, process, technology and/or information needed to realize your strategy.
- Assess the enablers to determine what the challenges are going to be, these could be in the form of issues, gaps, risks and/or road blocks that must be overcome.
- Formulate initiatives that directly address the challenges identified in the previous step, solutions should be fit for the original purpose.
|CSI Register Lite Canvas|
List details about customer value including the desired outcomes and benefits that are important.
Strategy helps define customer value and formulate and align your goals and objectives. For example:
- What is your strategy and value proposition?
- What are the expected outcomes and/or benefits?
- How will value be measured and verified?
- How much value has been earned against your full potential?
|CSI Register Lite Strategy|
Determine and create controls, measures, artifacts and/or evidence that are critical to your success.
Controls are used as measures to align goals and objectives, define critical success factors, and provide early warning indicators. For example:
- What controls (metrics, analytics, artifacts, evidence) will verify value creation, waste removal, increased yield and/or discover opportunities?
- What measures are critical to quality?
- What progress has been made in completing the actionable items?
- Where are the bottle necks problems areas in value creation?
- What intervention is required to ensure success?
|CSI Register Lite Controls|
Create the list of managed elements (things) that directly enable the outcomes and benefits.
Enablers are the value streams, capabilities and/or managed elements typically categorized as people, process, technology and/or information needed to realize your strategy, outcomes and/or benefits. For example:
What enabling value streams, capabilities, activities, resources or things create value?
What matters most and needs to be controlled and managed?
What are their wildly important goals in order to create value?
How do we know they are performing at optimal levels?
|CSI Register Lite Enablers|
Assess the enablers to determine and log the challenges (problems) preventing or hindering them from achieving the strategy.
Challenges need to be identified and addressed, these could be in the form of waste, issues, gaps, risks and/or road blocks that must be overcome to enable value creation. For example:
- What are the current problems i.e. waste activities, issues, gaps and/or risks?
- What are opportunities to reduce waste, maximize yield and value creation?
- What waste (issues, gaps or risk) are preventing value attainment?
- What risks need to be mitigated?
- What are the recommendations to innovate, remove waste and increase yield?
|CSI Register Lite Challenges|
Register, assign, track, monitor and complete initiatives that directly address the challenges.
Initiatives are registered, assigned, tracked and monitored through completion to address the identified challenges. For example:
What improvements or innovations are required to remove waste and increase yield?
What are the actionable items to implement recommendations and how do they contribute to value creation?
When can we expect value creation by completing the actionable items?
Who is responsible for the actionable items?
|CSI Register Lite Initiatives|
CSI Register Lite is an entry level software tool used to get better results, faster and with less effort. Lite is built on MS Excel platform for single users.
The CSI Register software tool helps change leaders determine the details required to manage, control and implement successful improvement initiatives.
The CSI Register acts as a repository for planning and crafting the "who, what, where, when and how" details collaboratively with the implementation team. Note: CSI Value Canvas helps identify the "why".
The CSI Register is also used for execution to track progress, monitor assignments, provide transparency, measure and assess project controls, metrics and supporting artifacts and documentation.
CSI Register Lite includes the following features:
- Value Canvas - Bring ideas to life using the Value Canvas, a simple one-page planning tool that is used to visualize and create compelling improvement plans that people embrace.
- Strategy – list details about the desired outcomes and benefits that are important.
- Controls – create metrics/measurement controls that will guarantee your success.
- Enablers – create the managed elements that directly enable the outcomes and benefits.
- Challenges - now assess the enablers to determine the challenges for each enabler.
- Initiatives - finally formulate and enter initiative details that directly address the challenges.
The benefit of CSI Register Lite include:
- Low cost
- Simple and quick to learn
- Easy to use
- Familiar MS Excel format
- Customizable to your needs
Seven advantages by using CSI Register Lite:
- Improved communication – breaks down resistance to change by creating better awareness and visualization of work.
- Increased project control - keeps control to guarantee outcomes, deliverables, and schedules.
- Better assignment tracking – understand resource dependencies and potential risks.
- Overall progress tracking – understand the big picture status to better manage expectations.
- Improved collaboration – strengthens team commitment to work together and produce maximum results and desire to succeed.
- Increased transparency – provides instant feedback to reinforce desired behavior.
- Scalability – flexible level of detail depending on complexity of change required.
- Planning improvement initiatives
- Gather & prioritizing business needs & requirements
- Communicating to stakeholder & peers
- Goal & objective alignment
- Identifying risks, issues, gaps and waste
- Tracking assignments and progress
Single User License i.e. anyone responsible for continuous improvement e.g. Managers, Process Owners/Managers or Service Managers.
DIY KPI Scorecard; ITSM KPI Scorecard|